LG Velvet Terms and Conditions
The Promotion Sponsor
1. LG Electronics Canada, Inc, 20 Norelco Drive, North York, ON M9L 2X6, Canada. (the “Promoter”)
2. Opia Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales of Priory House, Pilgrims Court, Sydenham Road, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU1 3RX (the “Administrator”)
3. Claims must not be sent to these addresses as they will not be processed.
4. The Promotion will commence at 12:01am (EST) on July 16 and shall close at 11:59pm (EST) on August 2nd, 2020 (“Promotion Period”).
5. The Promotion is only open to individuals who are (each a “Participant”): (i) legal residents of Canada; (ii) who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence; (iii) who hold a valid e-mail account; and (iv) who have purchased a Promotion Product (defined below).
6. This Promotion is not open to: (i) an employee, officer, director, representative or agent of the Promotion Sponsor; (ii) any of Promotion Sponsor’s advertising or promotional agencies, or any of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents; (iii) the spouse or partner and any member of the immediate family of a person described in item (i) above; and (iv) any person who resides or is domiciled with any person described in item (i) above. For purposes of this Promotion, “immediate family members” shall include the mother, father, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons of an individual (regardless of where any such immediate family member resides) including step-, half- or adopted.
7. Participants who pre-order and purchase a new (i.e. not second hand or refurbished) promotion product from the table below within the Promotion Period (a “Promotion Product”) on one of the Canadian cellular networks, listed in the table below, from major carriers’ stores and their authorized resellers (including but not limited to Best Buy, The Mobile Shop, The Source, Wal-Mart, T-Booth, Wireless ETC, Wireless Wave and Wow! Mobile) (each a “Participating Retailer”) will be eligible to claim one (1) pair of LG TONE Free Earbuds – model FN6 and a $200 Pre-Paid Visa Gift Card (together “Reward”), subject to compliance with these Promotion Terms.
Promotion Product LG VELVET™ 5G
Reward (CAD) 1 pair of LG TONE Free Wireless Earbuds – model FN6 $200 CAD Pre-Paid Visa Gift Card
Canadian Cellular Network Bell Rogers Telus Freedom Videotron Eastlink SaskTel Xplore Mobile
8. Limit of four (4) Rewards per household during the Promotional Period. Where a Participant or Participants in the same household have submitted more than four (4) Claims (as defined below), only the first four (4) Claims received by the Promotion Sponsor for the household, as determined in the sole discretion of Promotion Sponsor, will be deemed valid. All other Claims on behalf of a Participant in that household will be void. Only one claim for a Reward can be made per Promotion Product.
9. In order to participate in the Promotion and claim the Pre-Paid Visa Gift Card, participants must go to www.lgvelvet5ggift.ca (https://lg-promotions.com/velvetpreorder) to complete the online claim form and submit a copy of their proof of purchase (the 'Claim').
10. Claims must be submitted by the customer between Aug 7 and Sept 30, 2020, after the date of purchase indicated on the receipt or invoice. The date of purchase indicated on the proof of purchase is day one (1). The final claim date (for a Promotion Product purchased on August 6, 2020) is no later than 11:59pm (CST) on September 30, 2020. If claims are submitted after this claim window they will be deemed invalid.
11. Once the Claim has been received, you will receive confirmation of receipt by email from email@example.com stating whether or not the Claim for the Reward has been successful. It is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the customer service team using the email address above within seven (7) days of their Claim being sent if an email acknowledgement has not been received.
12. Provided the Terms and Conditions of this Promotion have been met, your Reward(s) shall be sent via Canada Post or Purolator within twenty-eight (28) days of claim validation.
13. If an incomplete Claim form or an unaccepted proof of purchase is received a notification email will be sent to you with the opportunity for you to provide the required items within seven (7) days of the email being sent. If no reply is received within seven (7) days then the Claim for a Reward will be refused.
14. In the event of a Promotion Product being returned or replaced for any reason during the claim period and if the cashback Reward has not been sent across, the original Claim will be voided and you will need to re-submit your Claim accordingly against your replacement order.
15. In the event that the VISA gift card element of the Reward is lost (before redemption) by the Participant or the Participant provided the incorrect postal address on the claim form, the Participant may request a new Reward be sent to them by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and paying a $20 CAD processing fee.
16. The decisions of the Promoter in respect of any, and all aspects of the Promotion will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or cancel the Terms and Conditions of this offer without notice.
16. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a Reward of equal or greater value for either element of the Reward
17. The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of purchase, as well as the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
18. The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
19. This Promotion is only valid in Canada. Any applicable federal, provincial and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Participants.
20. Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purpose of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by you when entering the Promotion will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
21. Each Participant, and his/her representatives, heirs, next of kin or assignees (“Participant’s Representatives”), hereby release and hold the Released Parties (defined below) harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Participant, Participant’s Representatives or any other person, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy or anti-spam violations, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Reward, participation in the Promotion, and any breach of these Terms and Condition. The Participant and Participant’s Representatives agree to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Promotion, without limitation. “Released Parties” shall mean the Promotion Sponsor and its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, parent and related organizations, predecessors, successors, assigns, agents,employees, officers and directors.
22. These Terms and Conditions and the Promotion are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The Sponsor and all Participants hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Toronto, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter, issue or dispute arising under or in respect of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Program and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts. LG Electronics Canada, Inc. reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in its discretion. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
23. Copyright @ 2020 LG Electronics Canada, Inc. LG, the LG logo are the registered trademarks of LG Corp. VELVET™ 5G is a trademark of LG Electronics, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All other product and service marks contained herein are the trademarks of their respective owners. Phone features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.